To determine if the problem is caused by your network environment or your hardware, perform the following steps:
- Ensure you are using the latest version of a WebRTC-capable browser. Click here to get a list of supported browsers.
- Ensure you have the required ports open. You can check this by running our Pre-call tool.
Note: You can use the Connectivity Doctor app for mobile devices. It is available for iOS on the App store and for Android devices on Google Play.
To determine any network issue(s) with regard to connecting to the OpenTok servers.
- Check your internet connection
- Web browser security settings (especially for IE) may be too restrictive or blocking certain content.
- There may be a security restriction enforced on your network. Check out our guide on restrictive networks here.
The camera / microphone is not functioning properly, even after the Pre-call test did not show any network issues:
- Confirm that you have allowed access to it when prompted by the browser. You may have blocked access and saved this as a preference. Check your browser settings to confirm.
- Check if the camera works on a different browser.
- If you have multiple cameras, make sure you have selected the right camera.
- Does the camera work in the WebRTC demo?
- Does the camera work in Skype or Photo Booth?
For more information, refer to Troubleshooting TokBox.